Walnut Creek, Concord, and Lafayette, CA
You no longer have to live with missing teeth. “Bridge” the gap from those lost teeth and have the staff at Dr. Hockel’s office install a dental bridge.
Consequences of missing teeth
Living with a missing tooth can lead to frustration, embarrassment, and discomfort. It affects your ability to chew, and your self-esteem. However, if a lost tooth is not replaced through a restorative treatment it can cause any one of a variety of problems impacting your oral and overall health, including the following:
- Broken or fractured teeth
- Bone loss
- Gum disease/periodontitis
- Teeth drifting out of alignment
- Uneven or misaligned bite
- Jaw joint disorders, including TMJ
- Headaches, potentially of migraine-like intensity
- Neck or back pain
- Damage to existing dental work
Replacing a lost tooth betters your oral health, as well as your overall health.
Benefits of a bridge
A bridge is one of the preferred restorative treatments at Dr. Hockel’s office because it is permanent, unlike removable oral prosthetics such as a partial denture. Bridgework also is custom-designed to ensure a secure fit in the mouth. A bridge consists of the artificial tooth replacement known as the pontic, with an abutment at either end that fits over the healthy teeth that are adjacent to the area of the missing tooth. A bridge can be used to replace an individual tooth, or several teeth—even an entire dental arch of teeth, if necessary, in which case dental implants may also be used as an anchor for the bridge.
The advantages of a dental bridge include the following:
- A bridge may seem expensive up front, but a dental bridge can save you money in the long run by avoiding the effects that missing teeth can have on your health and your other teeth.
- Because a dental bridge is bonded directly into the mouth, it does not have to be removed like a partial denture. This means you can continue to eat whatever foods you want, and a bridge can be cleaned just like your other natural teeth.
- Since each dental bridge is customized for every patient, it is indistinguishable from your other natural teeth.
You do not have to live with missing teeth. Call our office at (925) 705-4055 to learn more about bridges, or any of our other restorative dental treatment options.
Dr. Hockel’s office provides total oral health care for patients in Walnut Creek, Concord, and Lafayette, California.