Visiting Life Dental & Orthodontics:
Please click HERE to view a short video explaining what a visit to our office looks like now.
- When you schedule your appointment, we will help you take care of the fees by phone in order to avoid interaction at the front desk.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car. Please call our front desk at 925-934-3434, and we’ll inform you when we are ready for you to enter the office.
- Only the patient that is being treated will be allowed to enter the office. To respect social distancing, we’ve decided that no other family members or friends will be allowed inside.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment. Contra Costa County guidelines for social distancing and wearing masks in businesses continue, so bring the mask you have been using. Due to the world-wide short supply of masks, we are unable to supply them for patients.
- Your temperature will be taken by staff using a touchless thermometer. If your temp is above 100.4 degrees F, you will be asked to leave and not return for the specified 14-day self-quarantine requirement.
- A few simple questions assessing your contacts, travel, and well-being will be asked of all persons entering the office. Any person indicating recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 or having signs and symptoms of the same will be asked to leave, and not return for the specified 14-day self-quarantine requirement.
- Maintain the 6-foot social distancing guidelines when in the office.
- The tooth-brushing station will be closed. Please brush before your appointment.
- Patients will rinse with a peroxide mouth rinse for 30 seconds at the chair.
- Patients will be seated in the treatment areas at appropriate distances apart from one another to maintain social distancing.
- We ask for understanding while we will try to address all of your treatment needs during your visit. Individuals with multiple broken brackets or complicated needs may not have everything completed during their visit due to strict scheduling times.
- At the completion of the appointment, the patient will be escorted by a team member to the door. We’ll call you soon thereafter with necessary treatment updates and an opportunity to schedule the next appointment.
- You’ll also notice other changes made throughout the office. These are to ensure the health and well-being of our patients and our team.
- We will take the temperatures of every team member, including your doctor, immediately upon their arrival to the office, as well as after lunch. Any team member at 100.4 degrees F or above will go home.
- Every team member will answer the health questions that our patients are required to answer, and will do so every day. If any answers disqualify the team member, they will be sent home following the same procedures we are asking our patients to follow.
We are so grateful for every one of our patients. You are the life-force of our practice, and this is why we are taking your safety VERY seriously. We ask for your patience and understanding.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email our office. Here’s to a bright road ahead!
Drs. Hockel, Ching, and Adair, and the entire team of Life Dental & Orthodontics