Long-Distance Consultations for Orthodontics, Orthotropics, TMD, Airway or Sleep Apnea Treatment
If you do not live close enough to our office to come for a personal consultation, it’s possible to do a “Long Distance Consultation.” We offer this service both for patients and other doctors. This is a phone or Skype call to discuss preliminary treatment options. More definitive recommendations may require additional records and an exam, but we assess much of your situation by reviewing adequate imaging. Here’s what is needed:
1. Email or write to us your specific questions or concerns. Also let us know the best phone number, time and day to contact you.
2. We will need orthodontic photographs, a gallery view showing four views of the face (lips relaxed closed, smiling, profile and profile smiling) and five views of the teeth (front, left, right, occlusal upper and occlusal lower).
3. Send us a panoramic X-ray
4. We will need a cephalometric X-ray (lateral head film)
5. Please fill out new patient information and health history here.
6. Any previous records, photographs or X-rays showing previous treatment may be helpful. Images of your jaw joint or CT images may also be beneficial.
Email your records to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send them by mail to:
Brian J. Hockel, DDS
2651 Oak Grove Rd.
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
The records and photographs will not be returned, so you should send us copies. However, emailing the necessary information is best.
There is a $300 fee for the Long-Distance Consultation. Please send a check payable to Brian J. Hockel, DDS, or call us to arrange payment by credit card. When payment has been made and records have been received, Dr. Hockel will review your information and contact you. The Long-Distance Consultation will be limited to 30 minutes.